This one application will put you in the pool for the multitude of scholarships available for LSC and LSC-University Park students. Nice, huh?
There's no minimum length, but you should aim for writing about a paragraph to answer each of these. Just 1-2 sentences isn't enough give the reviewers a clear view of you as a scholarship candidate, which is the whole goal of this section.
Take some time to work on your answers. Try drafting them in a Word document to copy/paste over to the actual application. You can even consult the Writing & Reading Hotspot coaches!
Lone Star College invites all students enrolled at LSC to enter the Lone Star College Foundation’s student essay contest. The theme of the essay is “How my Lone Star College experience has influenced my life.” Essays will be evaluated for expressive writing style, grammar, form, and emotional impact.
1. You must be enrolled full time (minimum of 12 credit hours) for Fall and Spring in credit classes, or hours required by your Health Occupations program. Of the minimum 12 credit hours required, a minimum of 6 must be taken at the chosen campus.
2. Have successfully earned your high school diploma or GED certification
3. Apply at one of the following college locations that you consider to be your “home” campus:
• LSC-Houston North
• LSC-North Harris
• LSC-University Park
4. You must be working toward your first credential or degree.
5. Must meet Satisfactory Academic Policy.
6. A prior winner cannot win again.
Please submit the following HERE.
Get help with your essay submission from a LSC- Tomball Extended Learning Center.
Contest deadline: November 10, 2023