2. Once you've located the job you want to apply for, carefully read all of the required qualifications and the job application instructions. If you need someone to review your resume, talk to the writing coaches in the Writing Lab.
3. After you apply, the SLRC hiring managers review all applications to see if they meet the required qualifications and preferred qualifications. If they decide to interview an applicant, they will contact them via phone call or email (make sure the ones listed on your resume are current!).
4. Once interviews are completed, the hiring manager will decide which applicant to move forward to a background check. A background check must be completed as "Satisfactory" before the applicant can be hired.
5. If the applicant has a "Satisfactory" background check, Human Resources will contact the applicant regarding hiring forms. The applicant will need to closely monitor their email for communication from Human Resources. Be sure to check your spam filter and log back into the portal to keep updated on your application status.
6. The hiring process is complete after the new hire attends orientation. The new hire then reports to their SLRC department.
College Work Study
Part-Time Student Assistant, Work Study - Federal (17000411)
Part-Time Student Assistant, Work Study - State (17000409)