Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Library Catalog
- Research Databases
- LSC-University Park Library
- FAQ & Knowledgebase
- Annotated bibliographies: doubles as a research aid and formative assessment; you can gauge whether students understand the topic and if their research is on track to craft a scholarly paper
- Worksheets, written reflections, draw a picture: active learning tools you're probably familiar with already
- Thumbs up: ask students how they feel about their understanding of the material; thumbs up for "I got it", thumbs down for "what just happened?", thumbs sideways for "I sort of get it but I need more"
- Outline: have students create an outline to submit in advance of their paper to check for how they're organizing their ideas.