Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Library Catalog
- Research Databases
- LSC-University Park Library
- FAQ & Knowledgebase
Mini Assignments for your Research Project
You'll compare a scholarly article to a popular source on the same topic (i.e. an artist of your choosing) in a post to the D2L discussion board. How in depth is the information? What tone do they use? What sources are provided?
Example Pairs of Articles:
Skills to Flex:
- Recognize the visual and substantive differences between popular and scholarly sources of information
- Locate a credible popular source using the web or the databases
- Locate a scholarly article using the library databases
To lay the groundwork for your future research in the next phase of the assignment, the annotated bibliography.
- short, introductory paragraph about your artist
- annotated citations for 4 total sources:
- 1 scholarly article from the library databases (textbook doesn't count)
- MLA format for the page and the citations