Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Writing Lab!
||The Writing Lab is open to any currently enrolled LSC student on any writing-centered project. Our professional, experienced writing coaches also provide help with resumes, scholarship and transfer applications, and even writing emails. If it has words, we can help!
|Where We Are
||Building 12, Room 825
||Anything writing, including English, History, Philosophy, Psychology, and more; resumes, scholarship applications, and emails
Kitty Jordan, Coordinator II
Yes, on Saturdays only. You can make an appointment here!
What to Expect
Before you visit:
- Proofread your paper to catch typos and obvious mistakes
- Have specific issues to discuss about your paper
- Sessions take about 30 - 40 minutes
- In addition, plan to make edits after your visit. Allow for proper time management!
- Come early! Do not wait until an hour before the paper is due to bring it in
- Run a grammar check by utilizing Grammarly. If you have trouble accessing Grammarly, please ask a writing coach for help.
- Bring the syllabus/assignment.
Writing coaches will NOT:
- Do revisions, edit, proofread, grammar check or make notes on your paper.
- Interpret your professor's notes or assignment. We can help you understand, but always consult your professor if you have specific questions on the assignment itself.
- Help on quizzes, tests or finals.
Writing coaches WILL:
- Help you brainstorm! It's our favorite thing. Please come early and often during the course of the writing of your paper.
- Focus on a handful of repetitive errors and teach you how to fix them
- Cheerlead, guide, and help you through the process of writing. Writing a paper is intimidating! We can help you every step of the way
- Work through the paper with you and help you improve your organization, grammar, and writing skills so you can self-edit and become more confident as a writer