Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Library Catalog
- Research Databases
- LSC-University Park Library
- FAQ & Knowledgebase
With your group, develop an annotated bibliography of 15 total sources (or 5 per group member).
Sources should include the following types:
- 1 chapter from Team Human
- 2 reference sources (encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, almanacs, reviews/criticisms from the LSC Databases)
- 6 scholarly articles from LSC Research Databases
- 3 multimedia sources from LSC Research Databases (examples: video, podcast, image)
- 3 popular sources related to the topic from the LSC Research Databases (examples: newspaper, periodical, another multimedia)
Each of your annotations should be ½ to ¾ page long! This means your annotated bibliography should be at least 6-7 pages total, minimum.
- 5-10 double-space pages + Works Cited
- at least 8 texts to analyze and compare
- MLA style
Managing Your Research
While conducting research you will need to capture the articles and associated citations. Your process will be very individual, but be consistent and choose a tool to help organize your research. Some suggested tools below:
OneDrive - Cloud storage from Microsoft Office 365. 1 TB free for Lone Star College students.
Evernote - The Basic version is free. Works across all mobile devices. Create notebooks for each course or writing assignment. Be sure to download the Web Clipper as well.
Zotero - Zotero is a free, open access extension that runs in the Firefox and Chrome browsers that's designed to gather, download, and tag your research. Helpful tutorials.
EasyBib - Citation generator that is free for MLA.
Get Office365 for free with your student email address: (myLoneStar username)@my.lonestar.edu
From portal.office.com, you can:
Use in the cloud
Download & install to your computer